Vaccines are the most effective way to protect your child from infectious diseases. Please watch this short video that explains the NHS vaccination schedule for children.
If you are concerned about getting your child vaccinated, please watch this NHS video regarding the safety of childhood vaccinations.
How to book your child’s vaccination appointment
We will usually contact you when your child is due for a routine vaccination.
If you know your child is due for a vaccination, and you haven’t heard from the practice, please call us on 01274 424001 or send us a message via the Airmid app.
Your baby can still have their vaccinations if:
- they have a minor illness without a high temperature – such as a cold
- they have allergies, asthma, eczema or food intolerances
- they were born prematurely
Can I refuse my child’s vaccinations?
Vaccines are not mandatory in the UK and you will be asked for your consent before each vaccination.
However, it’s important to remember that vaccines will protect your child for many years against a range of serious illnesses.
Without vaccination your child is at greater risk of getting these illnesses.
If you choose not to vaccinate your child
- Please read this advice sheet from the World Health Organisation regarding the refusal of childhood immunisations.
- If after reading the information on the webpage you would still like to speak to a clinician for more information, please contact the practice to arrange a telephone consultation.
- If you still choose not to vaccinate your child, please complete the form below.