The practice has its origins in a single-handed practice run by Dr. Moore. Surgeries took place in Moravian House – the older part of what is now the New Line Residential Home – and the surgery was extended in 1938. Dr. Collingwood who many of the patients will remember joined Dr. Moore in partnership in the 1960s.
In 1974 a new purpose built surgery was erected at the top of Haigh Hall Road and the practice changed its name to Haigh Hall Medical Centre.
Dr Collingwood retired in 2000 and Dr. Passant took over as senior partner. By 2002 the practice had outgrown the original building – some of the nurse clinics were held in a cupboard! – and the building was extended to more than double its original size.
In 2018 Haigh Hall Medical Centre became part of Affinity Care.
Dr. Passant retired in 2020.