The ways to order your repeat prescription
Prescription requests will not be accepted over the phone or at the reception desk.
The easiest way for you to order your prescriptions is via the Airmid App. Prescriptions ordered via Airmid will be ready in 1 working day.
Another advantage of Airmid is that the pharmacy team will be able to ask you questions about your prescription via Airmid, if necessary.
To order your prescription via Airmid:
- Click on Medical Requests -> New Request.
- Ignore the Info box that is displayed that says acute prescriptions will not be accepted.
- Click Next
- Select any items that you need that are on your medication repeats list.
- Enter a message for the pharmacy team in the Medical Request Notes box. This can include requests for medication that is not on your repeats list.
- If the pharmacy team require further information or are unable to issue the prescription, they can send you a message via the Airmid app.
- Click Complete
Alternatively, you can order your prescription in the following ways. Prescriptions ordered in these ways can take up to 3 working days.
- Request your prescription online using SystmOnline
- Request your prescription online using NHS App
- Put your tear off slip in our prescription box located in the entrance lobby.
Please note: Prescription requests will not be accepted over the phone or at the reception desk.
Prescriptions charges and exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
At Affinity Care we have a dedicated team who specialise in the overall prescribing function of our practices. The team is comprised of experienced Clinical Practice Pharmacists and Practice Medicines Coordinators.
Practice Medicines Coordinators
Our Practice Medicines Coordinators are core to our Prescribing Team. Our growing team of trained coordinators manage all our practices repeat and acute prescription requests. They use an array of tools they have access to, as well as the in depth training they receive, to assess the validity, safety and appropriateness of all prescription requests. They also continuously look for more efficient ways of handling prescription requests, whether that is using technology such as the “Airmid app” or electronic repeat dispensing, to assist our patients when ordering their prescriptions.